Advanced Frog Stand Questions

Started by Philipp Hornung, July 4, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,086 Views

Philipp Hornung

Hey, Chaps!

I was wondering lately if I'm executing my first Advanced Frog Stand attempts properly. I attached a video so you may critize me, as much as I hope you will do :D

Particularly I'm unsure as to the position of my knees on my elbows. That is if they are to be placed below or above my elbows?

Here is the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diGvym1LuMg

Bye

Philipp

Blairbob

Are your elbows bending?

I prefer to put the elbows on the tricep above the elbow. Not exactly comfortable but doable.

Philipp Hornung

Anyone else?

Richard Duelley

If your elbows are not bending then you are fine. Personally I never did the adv frog stand I was just able to go from the frog stand to the tuck planche on paralletes, and gradually strengthened my wrists to handle the tuck planche on the floor.

kwarny

Strive to push your hips up as you do that and later you will barely even touch your elbows.