This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Flexibility/Mobility problem

Started by Awesssss, November 1, 2014 · 3 Replies · 253 Views

Awesssss

The handstand one has tons of mobility work to fix your bad shoulders, but how do I fix my poor hip flexibility? I'm having problems with PPT. I can do correct PPT with bent legs against a wall or on the floor, but when I straighten my legs it feels like my ass is to big, but I'm sure it is not. It's most likely poor hip flexibility.

So I how do I stretch it so I can master the PPT drills?

Please give all your stretches that made a different. Thanks. :)

Awesssss

Shouldn't hip mobility drills be a part of the iM's in Handstand One as well? Don't you think?

Alan Tseng

Foundation and Handstand both contain an abundance of hip mobility drills.  Hip Extensors mobility are thoroughly covered in Foundation's Pike development.  Hip Flexors mobility are thoroughly covered in Foundation's Bridge development.  Hip External Rotators are thoroughly covered in Foundations as part of Straddle Planche's iM.  HIp Abductors are covered in Handstand Two

 

There's actually more hip integrated mobility than there is shoulder integrated mobility in Handstand One.  8 shoulder iM (HS/PE>iM1-8) and 18 hip iM (HS/PE>iM9 to HS/SE>iM14).

Jeremy Huston

You've already identified the problem, so you're halfway to finding the solution.

 

Search the forums for hip flexor stretches and you'll find many threads of what others are doing.

 

Google Hip Flexor stretch, and you'll get tons of hits.