This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Missed last workout on Deload week

Started by pcain420, October 31, 2014 · 7 Replies · 221 Views

pcain420

I am currently on M/W/F Foundation and T/TH Handstand.  I missed my workout this morning because I over slept and I may not have time to do it this weekend.  This was what i missed.  If I am not able to do it s it that big of a deal?
3x12r SL/PE2
10r SL/PE2-im after each work set


5x5r MN/PE2
5r MN/PE2-im after each work set

5x5r SLS/PE3
5r SLS/PE3-im after each work set

Javier

You'll have to restart from scratch  :P

Daniel Burnham

You'll be ok.

pcain420

I was thinking that!  Just giving my body extra recovery.

Jeremy Huston

Start your next 3-day split with those exercises on Monday.

 

Of course, you can also do ABR while you're running errands this weekend.

Javier

I couldn't actually finish my deload as planned this week and won't be able to do any workouts next week either as I'll be travelling and I'll be too busy. I'll do my deload again and start my next cycle from where I left off. This is a long term thing, losing a week here or there is bound to happen. There are a few threads on taking time off. You should check them out. Don't stress too much if you can't complete all the workouts on a certain week because of life factors.

 

Sisyphus
Javier said:

I couldn't actually finish my deload as planned this week and won't be able to do any workouts next week either as I'll be travelling and I'll be too busy. I'll do my deload again and start my next cycle from where I left off. This is a long term thing, losing a week here or there is bound to happen. There are a few threads on taking time off. You should check them out. Don't stress too much if you can't complete all the workouts on a certain week because of life factors.

 

 

Exactly my thoughts.

 

If you fit training into your life around a job, school, kids or whatever you'll miss sessions because time is finite; unless you're dropping days regularly I wouldn't worry. Instead of focusing on what you've missed, reflect on what you've completed. IIRC I've missed five sessions since starting foundation in spring 2013 but completed over 150 sessions - so for every day I've dropped I've done nearly four months of solid work. I can live with that - its realistic for my life. 

 

I wonder if the average competitive gymnast hits 100% of their scheduled sessions in a season? Perhaps they do if they don't get ill but I'd be surprised if most didn't miss a single session here or there - they have lives too.

Fredrik
Javier said:

I couldn't actually finish my deload as planned this week and won't be able to do any workouts next week either as I'll be travelling and I'll be too busy. I'll do my deload again and start my next cycle from where I left off. This is a long term thing, losing a week here or there is bound to happen. There are a few threads on taking time off. You should check them out. Don't stress too much if you can't complete all the workouts on a certain week because of life factors.

 

Re: Traveling

I travel a couple of days each week and so have to spend quite a few nights in hotels. The threshold to train while away used to be to high for me to bother before starting GST. No I relish the uninterrupted hour:) All I find I need at my level is 2 square meters of floor space, 45-60min and a bit of willpower.

Equipment wise I pack an extendable dowel(the kind that you use for painting roofs and such) will fit in my carry on when collapsed, 2-4 ankle weights at 750g each (packs easier than plates, less funny looks in security) and heavy stretch band. RC PE1 is the most difficult to set up for, but facepulls with the stretch band is better than doing nothing.

Having done a workout while the others just flatlines before dinner and such, gives me a sense of accomplishment that makes explaining the painters dowel at airport security worth it :)

F

On a side note, using a filled electric water cooking kettle for windmills will make you focus on keeping the weight straight up and rotating it correctly with the shoulder, otherwise you get wet..