This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some unanswered questions

Started by chrisriis, October 31, 2014 · 2 Replies · 222 Views

chrisriis

The last few weeks has been busy with a lot of work on the computer which isn't exactly great for recovery. Especially not for my forearms. They're beaten. I'm on my week 3 of the cycle and have two HS workouts and two Workout #1. I can't possibly do 10RPE/max effort on all of the workouts. Should I perhaps go back to week 5 on some of the wrist exercises? When I trained weightlifting, I was told not to train the same muscles nearly/to failure without 48 hours of rest or so, depending on your rest ability naturally.

My second question is how I should go forward with the Twisting Squat?
I'm perhaps able to do 2 or 3. Should I do a more simple exercise that'll allow me to gradually increase the numbers? Then I could e.g. build up the mobility to do 4 or 5 after each set and steadily increase until I'm able to do 10 per set. What do you think?

My last question for now is how I should handle week 9. On one exercise, I'm just able to finish the first week. Should I repeat this week or rather go back to week 5 with the underloading etc.?

 

Answering these questions will make me a really happy man :)

Jeremy Huston

1.  Take it easy on your wrists.  Any more detail than that should be discussed in Handstand forum

2.  Reduce the range of motion by starting from a short bench or chair.  If you can't do all 10 reps, you're trying too much ROM.

3.  If you finished week 9 with proper form and tempo, you should move on to week 10, even if it was really hard.  If not, you probably want to repeat week 9 -- week 5 is too low volume to do much for you at this point.

chrisriis

Thanks! That cleared up a lot. Regarding the wrists; they're not the problem, my forearms is. They feel overtrained. It's becuase they're getting trained 3-4 times a week.