This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Switching Exercises

Started by Alex Tansel, October 31, 2014 · 1 Replies · 139 Views

Alex Tansel

At the moment I do a 3 day split M W F -  on a wednesday I do a private gymnastics lesson in a gym in east london and on that day I like to do my F1 workout directly before the session.

The problem there is no access to a heavy enough weight for Jefferson curls in the gymnasium so would I be able to switch in FL/PE2 for MN/PE2 when MN falls on the wednesday.

 

I thought because they are both working similar areas I could switch them out to allow for the day where I don't have access to a 20+kg weight.

If this isn't viable does anyone have any other ideas.

Thank you 

Jeremy Huston

As long as you're doing the work, it doesn't really matter how you perform the split.  

 

I print out the 2 day Integrated schedule but actually do a 3 day split and just cross off the exercises as I do them.  One day I work out at the gym with rings (RC), dip station (HBP), bench (SPL), and heavy bar (JC-warmups).  One day I work out at home with stall bars (MN) and a floor (SL through PE2, FL, SLS).  (I've recently moved on to SL/PE3, which makes it even more complicated.)

 

If all else fails, you could recruit a 20 kg child to be your training partner.