Hips warmup routine

Started by Alexander Egebak, October 30, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,246 Views

Alexander Egebak

Hi all.

 

I have reached a point in my foundation one training, where I stagnate because of lacking hip mobility. No worries about that though, it is being taken care of.

 

However, after doing my F7 workout I feel very sore before and the day after, mainly caused by SLS PE3, MN PE2 and SL iM1.

 

My question is; what is some good warmup for the hips to avoid soreness? I am playing volleyball today but I cannot throw myself after the ball safely, since soreness comes when I go squat down just a little with legs appart.

 

Any tips for avoiding soreness would be appreciated too.

 

Thank you in advance.

chigiskob

Other than obvious hip stretches I like to lay on a lacrosse ball and dig it into the hips in different areas. Hurts so good.

TANSTAAFL

Couple here and here from Dean Somerset probably the most comprehensive and succinct.

 

A little at the end of this Cressey vid I do in most of my WU's.

And here's one more.

 

Ditto the lacrosse ball.

 

I also just got an M80 Roller from Amazon, can't recommend it enough.  It's short but is much firmer than the Rumble Roller. You can really dig in. I do still think the Rumble is really good to have as well as you can get the bigger length and it's really damn comfy for not as hardcore digging.