GTG stretching for flexibility

Started by Julian Aldag, July 3, 2009 · 2 Replies · 4,686 Views

Julian Aldag

Just curious as whether anyone has come across information or first hand experience of multiple sessions of stretching throughout the day? I'm assuming that if you were to do multiple sessions you would have to go easier (say 60-70% max). Maybe it would be a good thing to do for chronically tight areas.

Example postural problems - stretching pecs frequently, or tight calves from too much running and not enough stretching.

However i dont believe it would increase ROM

What is your take on this?

Coach Sommer

The following is my recommended stretching schedule for beginners:

Frequency and Timing of Joint Preparation/Flexibility Work

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Felipe

You want IMHO experiences, right? :)

Well, I stretched for over a month every night when I was 15. No gains.

The year after, in my gymnastics lesson, I gained something stretching hardly like coach says in his post.

Now I am even better, because I combine the benefit of passive, active and dynamic stretch without straining my body, I always have a warm up, and I understand that little increase are the best.