This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to restart a cycle?

Started by dc9137, October 27, 2014 · 9 Replies · 191 Views

dc9137

Apologies if this is beating a dead horse, but I'm a little confused.  I started at the very beginning with PE1 (starting week 3 tomorrow) and my mobility is horrible so even though I can handle the strength elements (for now), it will be some time before I move on due to the mobility.  My question is this...do I redo weeks 1-4 until my mobility catches up, or do I go through weeks 1-12 and then repeat?  If 1-12, do I repeat the whole thing or just 9-12 until the mobility is up to par?

 

Thanks!

 

 

Rayne-William

Repeat the block of four weeks after you finish the deload week.

Tuomas S

And yes, you can work the strength element all the way to week 12 before restarting cycle due to mobility. After that you don't need to start the strength from beginning, but for instance redo weeks 9-12 until the mobility is ready.

 

Obviously, if you have problems with the strength element, you can redo a 4 week cycle earlier.

Jon Douglas

I seem to do better on the slightly higher volume strength micro cycles when I need yo repeat them, but I am better in mobility than strength so I am not results are typical :)

Duff

You can go progress trough weeks 1-12, but you can't move to the next element until you master the mobility too. If it takes longer than 3 months, keep repeating weeks 9-12.

Jeremy Huston

You must simultaneously master the strength and mobility for week 11 before progressing to the next element.  But within those 11 weeks strength and mobility can develop independently.

 

 

Rayne-William said:

Repeat the block of four weeks after you finish the deload week.

This applies to weeks 9-12.  There's no need to repeat the first 4 weeks due to mobility.

dc9137

Thanks all.  If I'm hearing you right, I can basically redo any of the 4 week cycles.  If I start struggling on the strength in weeks 5-8 I can redo those weeks until I have them down.  If not, I can go to 9-12 and repeat those until both strength and mobility are good to go.  Sound right?

Jeremy Huston

Yes -- you got it.

Joseph Morris

I had a similar question with SPL/PE1 due to the iM (swivel hips). Finished out week 11 twice at mastery but not all that close with swivel hips. Rather than keep repeating weeks 9-11 (boring and no progressive overload), I started back at week 1 but have really focused on absolutely flawless form with each rep, keeping my feet plantar-flexed (backs of toes on the ground), and doing an isometric squeeze for a second or two at the top and bottom of the reps. If I still don't have swivel hips by the end of the whole cycle, I plan to start adding extra sets and seeing how well that works with the rest of the program.

dc9137

Thanks!  

 

Joseph-I may be in the same boat as you.  Swivel hips mastery seems like a looooong way off at the moment!