This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS Se-3 adaptation

Started by curtis, October 26, 2014 · 3 Replies · 161 Views

curtis

Am I ready to start working this exercise if I don't have the strength to resist gravity at every point along the descent? I can't fight gravity when the support leg is just below parallel to the ground, but I can catch myself at the bottom position (most of the time) before falling off support.

 

Also, I experienced two days of knee joint soreness/stiffness after trying this exercise for the first time, but after the second workout the soreness wasn't as obvious.  I'm wondering if this is normal during the early stages of adaptation for this full range of movement? In my case, knee joint soreness occurred after starting SE-1 and SE-2 initially as well, but faded over time working each exercise. I'm concerned because the joint stress of this exercise is clearly higher than previous elements. 

Jeremy Huston

I think this is the purpose of the exercise -- to develop strength through the full range of motion.

Eric Baum

That strength comes fast, I started just like you and gained the control of the full range in the first microcycle.

curtis

O.K. Baum. That's what I was hoping to hear from others with similar experiences. I thought that might be common the first few times through. I'm still going to ease into it and make certain the muscles and knee joint are warmed-up and lubricated before fighting with it. Adaptation to SLS Se-2 was fairly rapid as well. Seems to be more of an issue of learning control of the movement rather than having to build significantly higher levels of strength.           

 

Onward.