This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swivel Hips

Started by Bret Kennedy, October 25, 2014 · 3 Replies · 239 Views

Bret Kennedy

this one is just hard.

 

I have ready through the sticky on this completely, and still have a few issues

 

I have recently returned from a season in the snow, and have noticed that my adductors have shortened in length, and I am feeling a bit of excess pressure on my left knee. I haven't really experienced this before, but it is reducing my ability to progress with this particular mobility.

 

And suggestions?

 

also, if I don't reach mastery on this at the end of the 12 weeks, do I continue using this as say a warm up to other things that I have progressed onto, until I do reach it?
 

 

Thanks

 

bret

Alan Tseng

An amazing adductor stretch that I have personally found is holding the bottom of Cossack Squat for time (SLS/PE2).  What I did was building it up to 5x30s of the position.

 

If you don't reach mastery by 12th week on Swivel Hips, stay on Scapula Shrugs and repeat weeks 9-12 until Swivel Hips is mastered

Alexander Egebak

I passed mastery for swivel hips some weeks ago, but I still have tight hips and problems in every straddle position.

 

I am at SLS PE 3 which I am currently not able to master for full ROM but I have found like Alan that holding the bottom position and pushing hard against the floor gives me additional ROM gains in this exercise and others with similar leg position. I am young and might see faster mobility progress but the method still works.

 

Other than that there are plenty of stretches out there. In another thread the "frog stretch" was mentioned which proved very useful to me.

Bret Kennedy

thanks for this. I will definitely look  into using the things you have both suggested here.

 

Bret