Complementary exercises

Started by Bosco, October 25, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,178 Views

Bosco

Hi everybody !

 

I'm wondering what are good complementary exercises for planche and front lever training because i'm very careful with straight arm training but i have a lot more energy after these sets.

 

I'm thinking about ice cream makers for FL, and HSPU/90degreePU for planche, is that good ?

 

Thanks in advance to the best  forum on bodyweight training ! 

Alessandro Mainente

For the skills you've cited I'm following foundations and since I've started i've never use complementary exercises. Some progression are helpful for other but there are no specific complementary exercises. On the other hand manipulate the type of contraction to overcome plateau is an option but i would not consider it a real complementary exercise.

Jon Douglas
alex87 said:

For the skills you've cited I'm following foundations and since I've started i've never use complementary exercises. Some progression are helpful for other but there are no specific complementary exercises. On the other hand manipulate the type of contraction to overcome plateau is an option but i would not consider it a real complementary exercise.

Great stuff.