Epsom salt baths

Started by Hayden Whealing, July 3, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,710 Views

Hayden Whealing

I am pretty sure that everyone has heard that having a bath with epsom salts helps relieve muscle soreness.

But do they help speed up recovery after a workout? and what temperature should the bath be for maximum results :?:

If you can think of any other useful facts about epsom salt baths. please let me know.

thank you

Coach Sommer

This past Thanksgiving, I took my family skiing in Colorado over the holiday. After a day of skiing, my family and I partook of the mineral hotsprings at our hotel. Surprisingly neither my wife nor myself had any soreness at all the next day, despite it having been our first day of skiing for the season and us both having over-indulged on the slopes. Mineral hotsprings, and possibly epsom salt baths, are a treatment modality that in the future I look forward to exploring in more depth.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer