This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload Week Question

Started by Alex Tansel, October 23, 2014 · 2 Replies · 106 Views

Alex Tansel

At the moment I'm training M W F, and am doing an A B A, B A B - 2 week pattern.

So when I take a deload week is that for one week of exercises i.e. A B A deload back to full for the next session, or would I deload for two days for each workout - A B A B, OR would I just deload for one session for each, so just for Monday and Wednesday back to full for friday.

 

-

And actually on the whole how do the weeks work - If I'm working out an odd number of workouts per week then measuring and increasing volume by week doesn't fit perfectly - I mean if I am moving from week 1 to week 2 does that mean literally in weeks or each session it moves on by a week.

-

I'm sorry if this is all confusing I think I may have struggled to keep my meaning clear.

I only ask because the workout planner seems to randomly have moved on by a week or so whenever I go on  it so find it very hard to follow

BeanLion

The deload week should be for one week of exercises. If I was doing ABA on week 3 I would deload week 4 on BAB. Although I can't see it making any difference if you deload ABA and then start a new cycle on BAB.

 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with the second post but say you're working a 15r mastery template, on week 1 if you hit week 1 reps of 3x2r then on week 2 you'd move to 5x2r. If you failed to hit these reps on week 2 then stick to that rep scheme for week 3. Does that help?

Jeremy Huston

Deload is for 7 calendar days.  It is a chance for your body to rest and recover and has little to do with the actual exercises.  If you're doing other training (olympic lifting, running, karate, etc), it should also be deloaded during that week.  The exercises during that week are enough to serve as active rest and to keep from losing your hard earned gains.

 

The schedule is literal weeks:

Week 1: A B A

Week 2: B A B

Week 3: A B A

Week 4: Deload B A B

Week 5: A B A

......