This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advanced Frog to Tucked Planche (stuck)

Started by Joshua Jarmin, October 22, 2014 · 13 Replies · 599 Views

Joshua Jarmin

I've mastered the Advanced Frog (still working on bent arm/bent leg planche hold) but I find myself unable to hold myself up for even 2 seconds for the tucked planche. I feel it's more of my core not being able to lift me up (might be muscular amnesia b/c I don't feel it 'kick on') and not my scap strength.

 

Suggestions? I've gone back to Planche Leans for the last few weeks and I think that's helping but don't want to waste time if there's something else I should be doing. Thanks!

 

 

neil gillies

I have had the same problem. I am currently using a light toe spot, ala Carl Paoli's YouTube video in the tuck planche position and it feels a  like a harder version of a planche lean that is allowing me to work the positional strength more specifically - I can certainly feel it working my upper traps significantly harder than the planche leans and it mimics the movement more closely than the AFS. Time will tell if it's effective.

 

Also, please see a previous reply I got from Zach Armijo on this topic - search under my posts.

 

Cheers,

N

Joshua Jarmin

Thanks!

Adriano Augusto

Have you properly mastered sPL/PE5,PE6 and PE7 with mastery standards? If so, you can post a video to analyze you form at mastery.

Cheers.

Alessandro Mainente

My opinion for the lean is that it is not enough.

 

post-1151-0-60016500-1414195726_thumb.jp

 

Ideally you can trace a line just after the posterior part of the wrist directly up the body, if it is close to the hips it's fine. if not you need more lean.

I've spent on this variation the most part of my time so low proficiency of tuck planche seems to be a direct consequence of less time spent on planche leans.

Joshua Jarmin

Trying to load a pic but I don't where the heck I can do that on this forum. Suggestions? I see the 'My Media' section but it won't let me load up a simple photo. Please help. 

Jason Stein
alex87 said:

I've spent on this variation the most part of my time so low proficiency of tuck planche seems to be a direct consequence of less time spent on planche leans.

 

Alex-

 

Do you mean to say you spent a lot of time on the Planche Lean --- therefore (as a result of your experience) less proficiency in Tuck Planche is a result of not enough time spent in Planche Leans?

 

In other words, are you saying to focus work on the Planche Lean?

 

best,

jason

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, well from my experience 

-planche leans is a exercise that you must preserve during all your GST life, without a good lean whee the hands are near the centre of gravity is practically difficult to lift the body

-i spent a lot of frog stand to condition my ulnar deviation

Joshua Jarmin

How do I load pictures to my media section? I have more photos/videos to load but I don't see where in this forum I can add stuff. Thanks. 

Gavin S

I've used band assisted tuck planches to get my body to understand what to turn on and how. Now that this is in place I am working on volume without the bands.

Jason Stein

Gavin-

For how long did you use the bands? What did your sets/reps look like?

 

jason

Gavin S

I have been using the bands for around 4-5 weeks. I have been performing 5 sets and keeping the hold as long as I can with correct form, roughly 15 seconds.

 

I also changed my focus using a few cues. Protract, depress, lean and tuck hard. While in the hold focus on lean, protraction and depression, not pushing.

 

I use a light band that I attach to my pullup bar and then place that around my waist. It's a Force USA band

Jason Stein

Thanks Gavin-

j