Try this if your wrists hurts in planche training

Started by Tomas Johansson, July 1, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,377 Views

Tomas Johansson

I have read that coach has said that any handposition is ok for the planche work, and the position I suppose he has been refering to is from straight forward, outwards and all the way back and on the fingertips and parallettes. I didn't find a comfortable position until i turned the hands inwards about 45 degrees and it works really well for me, have been doing like this for half a year. I don't know how it will work when I get to harder variations though, I only to tuck variation myself.

This idea has to be approved by the people who know what they talk about before you go ahead and possibly hurt yourself.

Blairbob

Dunno, weird. Do you have hyperextension in your elbows at all? Seems like it would cause the wrist to flex more.

Typically we want the eye of the elbow to face as far forward as possible ( why we turn out the rings ).