This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1+iM and HBP/PE3 Form Checks

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, October 20, 2014 · 5 Replies · 162 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

In regarding to sPL, this is my third circle repeating this. My technique is getting a lot better and my ROM in the iM has improved tremendously. With that being said mastery is still far away! 

 

 

This the last week of my first 4-week cycle on HPB3. My body is slowly adapting to the movement pattern (I've never done this before 3 weeks ago), but I feel like something is off. Opinions?

 

Edoardo Cagnola

Bump

BeanLion

I can't see any vid's. Just the spaces where they should be

Edoardo Cagnola

Well that's weird.. I can see them and, despite being uploaded as unlisted, they've got 14 views each, so perhaps the problem is with your browser. (I tried retyping the links, maybe it'll work for you now)

BeanLion

I can see them no. Well I'm not the best person to comment on these but as nobody else has.

 

For the sPL, you're obviously clear on the iM and it's good that you're seeing improvements with your ROM. For the strength part, this looks ok to me. It kind of looks like your hips are sagging a bit though when you retract so could try and keep that part more solid.

 

On the HBP when you lower you keep moving your feet slightly backwards. Maybe this is why it is feeling a bit off to you.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks for the reply!

For sPL/PE1 I'm working on that hip sagging. It's clearly a lack of strength in my core, but with a little more practice it will come (as a matter of facts I always end the sets with my abs on fire doing those :) ).

You are right about the feet in the HPB. Since I'm only on PE1 for sPL, I decided to work up to mastery with my feet on the ground (like regular push up), and after that I'll restart form scratch with the correct feet positioning (hopefully in the meantime I'll get a chance to work on some planks).