Hello everyone,
although I'm not a gymnast myself, I thought it would be best to get mobility advice from the most flexible athletes, i.e. you guys
I hope you guys don't mind helping me out a bit.
In a few months time I need to pass a medical for a job with the German police. My general fitness level is high and I'm generally relatively flexible. However, I do have one major issue: I have a 20° scoliosis in the lower part of the lumbar spine and a (minor) corresponding kyphosis in the upper part of my spine. Luckily, it's barely visible, but the medical typically involves a toe touch, which I can hardly perform. If I'm trying to maintain a straight back when performing a toe touch without going too much into a kyphosis, I barely get past my knees. I'm not entirely sure whether this is due to my spine, but I reckon this condition does certainly not help.
So I was wondering what I can do to improve my flexibility in order to be able to get further down when doing the toe touch. Are there any additional exercises you would recommend in addition to just doing toe touches all the time?
(I'm not sure if toe touch is a universally used term so here's a picture of what I mean:
https://stephajane.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/toe-touches.gif)
Thank you so much!!