This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 shoulder pop

Started by manze, October 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 241 Views

manze

Hi all. I'm currently on 4x6 on RC/PE1.

Strength-wise, it's not particularly challenging yet, but at the top of each rep, my left shoulder (my healthy, non-impinged shoulder) pops. I haven't experienced any pain but it sure doesn't feel natural.

 

Is this something to be concerned about?

Alessandro Pantanella

I'm not an expert but my shoulder doesn't pop on the exercise.

Maybe there is some tightness in either your pecs or upper back.

How do you do with shoulder dislocate? That's a good tool for investigating tightness.

manze
Alessandro Pantanella said:

I'm not an expert but my shoulder doesn't pop on the exercise.

Maybe there is some tightness in either your pecs or upper back.

How do you do with shoulder dislocate? That's a good tool for investigating tightness.

I'll get back to you on that.

 

As far as I remember I have to stay pretty wide in order to keep my elbows locked though.

Damon Amato

typically in that position using those muscles, it's either 1) subluxation, 2) labral tear, 3) scar tissue, 4) fluid in the joint, 5) humeral head not articulating well, 6) fascial adhesion.  If it pops but doesn't hurt, whatever.  If it pops and hurts, get it checked and stop doing that exercise.

Alexander Egebak

Something that is helping me avoiding popping in my shoulder during Xiao Pengs is to go ultra slowly through the range of motion where the shoulder is popping. This should either result in no popping or less popping. If you have an injury, then you need to fix that first.

Riordanh

I have found that conciously retracting the shoulderblades before each rep seems to help