I have begun implementing a traditional lifting program for GST. So one day a week for pulling, one for horizontal pushing and dips, one for legs and one day for a few work sets of HSPU and some light pulling for balance. I squeeze an ab session in with horizontal pushing.
In addition of course to stretching and running.
The reason is at a weight of 210 I am just not recovering from the programs suggested on this website, 3,4, or 5 days of pull push core legs. Especially for straddle planche, if I do it one week I need to severely curtail most pushing for a week and limit intensity in the next. I can pull 2-3 times a week but then I am done pulling the entire week after.
I am hoping recovery will be better on this kind of program. It makes sense because if I translate the poundages to free weights then there is no way I would be hitting anything more than once a week. I use to think I needed less recovery on calisthenics, after a year+ I have reconsidered that assumption.
I am not asking for program advice, I am just curious if any heavier athletes have experience with this kind of approach in GST.