Hollow Body question

Started by max219, October 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,059 Views

max219

When I start to fatigue during a hollow body, the left side of my lower back stays planted into the ground, but my right side seems to not press down as hard. Is there an imbalance in my core?

thecolin

Yes

Helander

Yes, as thecolin said, but now that you are aware of the reason it should correct itself with time if you stick to the progressions.

max219

Thanks for the replies! It was pretty annoying again today while training the hollow body. Will the imbalance really work itself out over rime? In the later sets I feel like I am only training my left side since I don't feel my right side pressing into the ground at all (although my hand does not pass under when I try).

thecolin
max219 said:

Will the imbalance really work itself out over rime?

 

Not automatically. Recognizing it as and trying to correct as it happens is a good first start. Pretty much everyone is plagued by strength and mobility imbalance, and it causes numerous problems. You need to have a smart, comprehensive training program if you're really going to sort out all your imbalances.