Video of GymnasticsBodies on YouTube - what is this exercise?

Started by katlinchen, October 16, 2014 · 7 Replies · 2,621 Views

katlinchen

I found this cool video on YouTube and now I have some questions.




Is it the same as a hollow-back press? I guess no, because in the HBP you just go straight to handstand whereas in the video he "rolls" into handstand, right?

Is it equally hard as a hollow back press? A boy at my gym always does it, he rolls and uses the momentum and then he arches a lot when doing that. He also has a very strong heel-drive, so he kind of "arches" up to handstand! It looks soo cool!

Will I be able to do it while working on Foundation? And if so, where at Foundation should I be strong enough to do it until I got the hangover of the technique?

And which muscles are used in this exercise?

Thank you!
Wolf with one Ear

The title of the exercise is posted in the corner.  It is less difficult than the hollow back press.  You will be able to do it upon working on Foundation.  The program shows where it fits in.

 

As to which muscles, I would say most of them.  

Flavio85

mostly shoulder flexors (anterior delts, clavicular fibers of pectoralis major, coracobrachialis..), elbow extensors (triceps and anconeus), erector spinae, etc.

Alessandro Mainente

Done with proper body alignment , less arching and no sag in the bodyline  feel it more harder then HBP. it's a personal sensation

Alan Tseng

This is rolling into a planche rather than rolling into a handstand

katlinchen

I know this is not proper "body alignement", I know it is not ideal if you arch a lot and use momentum.

I also see that in this video, he just rolls to planche, but I said that I know a boy who is doing that to handstand.

Here is another video of Carmen Amara doing it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12AmqntBN_o

I want to do that so badly. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard with momentum.

Do you think I could get that in some months, like 3-4 or so, although I have only almost finished F2?

Blairbob

 Depends on how well you can rock to Locust position (chest roll to candle). And how much pushing strength you have,

katlinchen
Blairbob said:

Depends on how well you can rock to Locust position (chest roll to candle). And how much pushing strength you have,

Thanks for your answer. Do you think it is possible to get it with just Training for it 3 times a week if I am still on F2? Because I recently decided to focus more on handstands and gymnastics specific skills like cast handstands and chin-up pullovers etc..