This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do you practice spl pe2 at home?

Started by Oded Perry, October 16, 2014 · 12 Replies · 430 Views

Oded Perry

I just got today to the spl/pe2

And saw the relevant movement that associate with it.

Question is, how can you practice it without Olympic gear at home?

fazool

I happen to use the kitchen table, which is rectangular shaped for the IM. Works rather well. Enjoy the movement, the hams and glutes are going to love them.

-MR

I use a coffee table at home, any suitably chair I can find when I'm travelling. The chair is not a perfect option but it works: rest your torso on the chair with the chair back against one of your sides, and hold on to the feet of the chair to lock your upper body in place while you raise your legs. 

The Hansenator

I used an exercise ball with my hands holding the couch. Not perfect but it was the best I could do.

Alexander Egebak
The Hansenator said:

I used an exercise ball with my hands holding the couch. Not perfect but it was the best I could do.

Good idea. But does the instability not play in and make it harder?

Mats Trane

A bench or 2 barstools.

James Taylor

Rubbermaid tub

The Hansenator
Alexander Egebak said:

Good idea. But does the instability not play in and make it harder?

I didn't find it too bad. It's a little squishy and the range of motion is a little shorter but the glute mediuses cuold sure feel it.

Duff

I did it in a plank on knees until the idea of using a table crossed my mind :).

mark

Piano bench.

Rayne-William

For sPL/PE2 Forearm Plank, all you need is some clutter free floor space.

For the integrated mobility element: Straddle Running Man, the posts before mine will give you plenty of ideas.

Ben G
Duff said:

I did it in a plank on knees until the idea of using a table crossed my mind :).

Does the plank on knees work the same muscle group in the same way? I'd rather do this since I don't have some of the other recommendations convenient to my workout space. I'm just starting spl/pe2.

Duff
Ben G said:

Does the plank on knees work the same muscle group in the same way? I'd rather do this since I don't have some of the other recommendations convenient to my workout space. I'm just starting spl/pe2.

Yes, but it also additionally works the arms. You'll need to find something for PE3 anyway, unless you plan to do it in a planche :D. Really, anything that is high enough and sturdy works.