This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strenght element and mobility element aligned, a requirement?

Started by ikcwaller, October 16, 2014 · 3 Replies · 146 Views

ikcwaller

Hi,

 

As the title tell, do you have to perform mastery standard on both PE and iM before you can progress during foundation? 

 

I'm pretty unbalanced on this topic. For eg. 

 

I'm doing RC/PE1 - RC/iM6

HBP/PE2 - HBP/iM6

FL/PE1 - FL/iM2

SL/PE2 - SL/iM2

sPL/PE3 - sPL/iM1

MN/PE2 - MN/iM1

SLS/PE2 - SLS/iM1

 

As you can see I'm stiff in my legs but have a good mobility in my shoulder girdle, so my upper-body iMs are way ahead and my lower-body iMs are a bit behind. I know that during HS work you should progress evenly but is the same true for F1? 

Shaolintobbe

Hi.

 

Yes.

Vincearoo

Strength and mobility must be in tandem. Do not keep developing your flexibility without the required strength. And vice versa.

ikcwaller
Vincearoo said:

Strength and mobility must be in tandem. Do not keep developing your flexibility without the required strength. And vice versa.

OK, thanks!