This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE7 and sPL SE 3 Questions

Started by neil gillies, October 15, 2014 · 3 Replies · 139 Views

neil gillies

Hi Folks,

 

A couple of questions regarding the above progressions:

 

MN PE7

 

Once I get past the half leg lift position, my lower back starts to come off the stall bars and my hip angle remains constant until I am higher up in the movement at which point my hip angle closes and I bring my toes to the bar.

 

This suggests a lack of enough compression, i.e. I am pulling my back to horizontal to ease the closing of the hip angle. Is it feasible to add some of the later manna iMs in now to improve my compression. also, should PPT be maintained throughout MN PE7, almost like an upside-down Jefferson Curl?

 

If I play a video of my MN PE6 in reverse my form looks good, i.e. as I would expect for iM PE7.

 

sPL SE 3

 

What should I be feeling in my core during this movement. I feel I now have the strength in my shoulders, but feel I am missing the correct cues to move into the final position because I can't hold my hips up. When I compress my knees to chest, my abs are working quite hard. However, I would have thought my spinal erectors would be required to hold my hips up, which is counter to compressing my abs. Can anyone offer some advice on the correct "feel" and any cues to help with this.

 

Thanks,

N

neil gillies

Thanks for the comprehensive answers, Zach. I will work on the points you have described and hopefully that should sort things out.

neil gillies

Perfect, thanks.

neil gillies

Zach, a quick update:

 

I was training MN PE7 this morning, albeit on a deload week. Really focussed on maintaining PPT throughout and really trying to "suck" my lower back into the stall bars. Improvement in form was incredible. Still not perfect, but I reckon a couple more cycles and some focussed compression work and I'll have this one mastered.

 

Looking forward to my next sPL training day on Sunday to try your other tips. :-)

 

Cheers for your help,

N