This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planned Off-Weeks

Started by Alan Tseng, October 15, 2014 · 5 Replies · 297 Views

Alan Tseng

Has anyone experimented with planned off-weeks?  And if so, when have you tried them and what were the results after coming back from an off-week?

Sisyphus

Every now and then I take a full week off during a deload week (especially if several wk12s align themselves). I think there's a lot to be said for having a proper rest - especially with work and a young family. It gives you time to reflect on your priorities. You can't lose your edge in a week (well at least at my level you can't)!

 

 

Duff

Eventually everyone is forced by life to take a week off; either from getting a cold, having too much school/job work etc.

 

I think it would be a bad idea if you are working on F1; at least for me, missing a week with all those higher rep elements meant some regression. If you feel overworked, just drop one day from your weekly schedule.

 

As a side note, I noticed my body looks sort of 'fuller' when I don't exercise for a week or two, as in bigger muscles.

strme

dont do that ,if you dont need it. after  one-two weeks you go down with strenght and endurance and flexibility. very bad feelings :) i know it

Adriano Augusto

One week is nothing is you REALLY need it. I spent almost 2 weeks off this summer in a trip to noth of Spain with my gf to live a while in nature. 

 

And the funny thing is... I came back stronger than ever.

 

The thing is that even during those weekS I followed my stretching routine and limbering practices, just to not feel rigid of too much walking.

 

If you really need to, go for it. If not, just do a deload. If there is one thing that GST has taught me has been: the less, the better. This means sometimes you need time off just to clear your mind and also your body.

 

Don't worry about this too much. Worry is you're not training hard enough ;)

strme

looks like is different from person to person. have a try