Nitric Oxide boosters

Started by Cornfed_Iowan, June 30, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,099 Views

Cornfed_Iowan

I apologize if this has already been discussed

Anyone use them? Do they work? Should I shy away from them?

I realize it doesnt build muscle, and that the point is to increase blood flow to the muscles....but that is about all I know. Any hep would be awesome!

Blairbob

I tried them once, but I wasn't logging my workouts then nor was my nutrition optimal looking back. I think most of my workouts were too long ( gymnastics 2-3 hours ) to notice it by the time we conditioned.

Gregor

It's hard to supplement it for a gymnast...the main point is that you must have the correct timming to supplement it and other things are that you need alot of water to drink it, what can be problem when you are inverted :wink:

But you can try it, I'm using something with amino acids and effect are good, especialy when you are tired from previous workout.

The other thing is if it pays of... (for non competitive level).

Blairbob

I've heard many of the supplements can be in and out of your system in less than an hour ( like creatine ) so dosing may have to be done multiple times for the duration of a gymnastics workout ( 2-4 hours ). Probably not a problem with most people doing the GB stuff but may be for some competitive gymnasts.

Gregor
Blairbob said:
I've heard many of the supplements can be in and out of your system in less than an hour ( like creatine ) so dosing may have to be done multiple times for the duration of a gymnastics workout ( 2-4 hours ). Probably not a problem with most people doing the GB stuff but may be for some competitive gymnasts.

So that's why is timming so important, I'm using it only for strength training, so my timming is for this. You can also use a BCAA and dring it slowly trough the training.