This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some kind of painful sensation in the lower back, and obliques/QL area

Started by Micawberian, October 14, 2014 · 2 Replies · 123 Views

Micawberian

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing this kind of sensation. after I have finished the pancake mobility, I usually get a painful sensation in my lower back and my obliques/QL area. It's hard to describe the pain, but probably "strong persisting ache" describes it best. I am not too sure what is going on. I used to get this with jefferson curls and pike lifts from F2, but not to nearly the same degree as from this pancake work (perhaps due to the increased intensity?). if I lay down afterwards, the ache is almost unbearable.

 

My first thought was that the hip flexor is getting so tight from the contraction during pancake that afterwards its fibers are pulling on the lumbar vertebrae. Sounds like a farfetched theory. Ideas?

 

It's not just the mobility, either. When I am compressing in the bottom of the press with all my might, I can again feel the sensation in the lower back. Not a sharp pain, not a normally injury kind of pain. very achey and pulsating.

 

Worth nothing, if I lay down and PPT after the exercise the pain stops. but when I again relax my spine, the pain comes back.

Coach Sommer

You should be uncomfortable while doing mobility; you should not be in 'pain'. This is indicative that you are stretching far too hard.

Take a few days off and then resume training; but this time with a much more reasonable intensity. Always remember that you should never train mobility with the same intensity that you use for your strength work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Micawberian

Thanks coach, I definitely have been pushing the stretches very hard. I guess I'm just too eager to get the press!

 

"Always remember that you should never train mobility with the same intensity that you use for your strength work."

- This advice is on practically every other course page and I still didnt listen :facepalm: