I'm thinking about building my own stall bars and was wondering if anyone has added on an extended pull-up bar directly to the top of the stall bars? I'm thinking of something that could be used as a regular pull-up bar or add rings to do the F1 exercises. I figure if I put a 2 foot extension perpendicular from the top of the stall bars with a cross brace, it should be strong enough. Does that sound reasonable or should I just stick with the door pull-up bar I have now? Any thoughts?
Pull-up bar add on to stall bars?
Started by dc9137, October 14, 2014 · 4 Replies · 4,002 Views
It should work assuming it's strong enough, but I'd make sure it's not going to interfere with any exercises like hanging leg lifts.
An extension will work fine, and assuming you build it correctly should be much more reliable than a doorway bar.
Generally these are made to be removable, and can be mounted at any height along the stall bars, which makes them much more versatile for dip variations etc...
As Colin mentions having a fixed mount can be a problem as it may interfere with some exercises.
I built mine with the extension added on. I can also remove the dowel so no disruption in hll. It's also easier to do pull-ups and dead hangs with the extension. Add it on.
Awesome...sounds like a clear consensus! Thanks!