This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE7 doubts

Started by Eric Baum, October 13, 2014 · 11 Replies · 429 Views

Eric Baum

Hello guys,

 

I have some doubts regarding SL/PE7.

I tested it for mastery today and almost did it, missed 2 reps on the last set

 

But while doing it I felt some heavy pressure on my head and when i finished the exercise I had some small red dots all over my face. I think I exploded some small blood vessels. =D

 

My sensation is that is related to how I breathe while doing the exercise, anyone has some tips on whats the best way to do it?

 

Tomorrow I'll try to film and post a form check on it just to make sure I'm doing it right.

 

 

LateStarter@46

Sounds like it could be petechiae (pin prick haemorrhaging) caused by straining during the exercise. Trying to relax whilst doing a hard exercise is difficult, but is something you may need to focus on together with normal breathing.

Eric Baum

Follows the form check video:

 

 

Is this correct? This second time I did it, it was much more confortable.

Eric Baum

Anyone?

Christian

Looks pretty good. If you have your 5x5 with iM i'd say move on.

If you want to keep it and work more on it, like as warm up or you feel it beneficial, then try to look towards your chest(just a little) so that your neck/head is not touching the wall. You should not press your head against the wall to help the movement. Also it is possible to make it more compressed. But these things are icing the cake. From the vid it looks like you do it to acceptable standards.

Eric Baum

I'll stay a microcycle on it... I miss the last 2 reps of the last set... and the Im still feels hard even though I can do it.

 

By compressing more you say actively compressing at the bottom? The amount that I get on the video is the amount that comes naturally with gravity, just if I actually try to push my legs into my body I can get more compression.

Rayne-William

While doing the integrated mobility element for this exercise, don't rush through it. You will need the strength your obliques and lower back develop for SL/PE10.

Eric Baum

Yeah... I spent 4 weeks with this exercise. The iM was tough but doable at first, now it is pretty fluid =]

Coach Sommer

Don't hold your breath when you exercise.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ravn

I exhale during the pike and inhale when I straighten out, takes much of the strain out. BTW, I always do this PE during warmup, 1x25, it's a good way to get ready for pike work.

Eric Baum
Coach Sommer said:

Don't hold your breath when you exercise.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Even tough my head was pure red, I was not holding the breath =]

 

But I can say that it is not the easiest thing to breath on this particular exercise.

Alessandro Mainente

some tips: do not press the head against the stall bar (is a cheating aid), stay with the ass near the stallbar as much as possible, relax the shoulders, this will take off some work from the upper back.