Hi everyone,
Here are some formchecks, this was the fourth set on both exercises.
FL/PE1 and FL/iM1
sPL/PE3 and sPL/iM1
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by ikcwaller, October 13, 2014 · 4 Replies · 82 Views
Hi everyone,
Here are some formchecks, this was the fourth set on both exercises.
FL/PE1 and FL/iM1
sPL/PE3 and sPL/iM1
On the FL it's really hard to tell how high your upper back is, the black is playing tricks on my eyes. It looks to me as though that your upper back isn't raised high enough off the floor. Try to keep just your lower back in contact with the floor.
As for the iM, it looks fine except it's the wrong iM. You want to do the cat/cow, check the course again.
For the sPL, I think your plank looks ok. Maybe needs more and more solid protraction.
The iM for this needs a lot of work, you really lack the mobility to complete it. I believe there are some good threads on tips for this. Also you really shouldn't be working PE3. You should continue to work PE1 until you have mastered both this and the iM.
BeanLion said:On the FL it's really hard to tell how high your upper back is, the black is playing tricks on my eyes. It looks to me as though that your upper back isn't raised high enough off the floor. Try to keep just your lower back in contact with the floor.
As for the iM, it looks fine except it's the wrong iM. You want to do the cat/cow, check the course again.
For the sPL, I think your plank looks ok. Maybe needs more and more solid protraction.
The iM for this needs a lot of work, you really lack the mobility to complete it. I believe there are some good threads on tips for this. Also you really shouldn't be working PE3. You should continue to work PE1 until you have mastered both this and the iM.
Yes, i can see that aswell, I think it's better during the first sets. Oh I just simply wrote the wrong iM on FL, my bad.
So your suggestion is that I should stay on sPL/PE1 until my iM is ok? Is that really necessary? I thought that was the direction for the handstand work, maybe I'm wrong.
I know I'm not on mastery yet on these exercises, I just wanted some feedback ![]()
Yes you should stay doing sPL/PE1 until you've mastered the iM. That's how the course is designed and I don't think there will be anyone on these forums who would suggest you should do otherwise. All those scalp shrugs though will def help with maintaining good protraction once you get to PE3. Maybe you could post a video of your sPL/PE1 form to see if that could be improved in anyway.
Likewise for the FL, you should work iM1. The PE & iM should always be in sync. Also for the FL maybe should should go back a couple of weeks in the template, making sure you have good form before advancing weeks.
Those are my thoughts anyway, maybe someone with more experience might chime in.
The structure of the program is that the both the strength element and the iM are not moved on until both is mastered. So if Swivel Hips isn't mastered, you have to keep repeating Scapular Shrugs until Swivel Hips is mastered
Same with the FL, since you're still on Bent Hollow Holds, you have to stay with the Catcows as iM