This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to progress on dislocations

Started by Miguel Muruzabal Gomez, October 12, 2014 · 5 Replies · 247 Views

Miguel Muruzabal Gomez

Hi, 

 

I want to ask about progress in dislocations, how much weigth is enough to shorten the grip and get the hands closer?  let s say i can do 2,5 kg in a meter width for overgrip and undergrip, i should go for more weigth or move the hands closer and restart with only the bar ? 

Thanks! 

Christian

Stick with the weight untill you are one fist's length from shoulder distance each side. Then increase weight and go wider again. Repeat till you can do a 20 kg bar :-) But you can claim mastery before and move on, 5kg(10 pounds) I think. Just remember to always keep the dislocates in your warmup.

Miguel Muruzabal Gomez

Thanks! That sounds really crazy mobility, hmm lot of work...i ll get to it. I thought such width would only be posible for coach athletes or people alike...  :P

Helgi

I am having problems with dislocates.

 

The strength elements for all 3 dislocates at the start of H1 are at mastery and I just started SE1 on the push ups but my grip in dislocates is very wide. I have started working on dislocates every day by warming up my shoulders a bit and then starting at the edge of my bar, slowly going 1-2cm narrower after every 5 reps or so.

 

Do you guys think this should be alright in terms of trying to progress faster through the dislocates?

Alessandro Mainente

There are no fast progress here. the shoulder capsule could accept micro tear but it's all on connective tissue. slowly progress is far more productive here.

Helgi

So sticking to doing max 4 sessions of H1 a week of the prescribed dislocates is the max I should go for (doing the 2x F1 + 4x H1 template)?