Standing Back Full Help

Started by Kai.L, October 11, 2014 · 5 Replies · 1,196 Views

Kai.L

 

I dont have much feel of the flip (cant feel where I am/ spot the ground for landing)

 

I'm sure i'm doing some things wrongly, but I cant really tell without much experience with this skill. (twisting too early?)

 

(I jumped wayyy backwards due to fear of hitting the edge)

Daniel Burnham

Completely loose. Not setting up for the flip.

Kai.L
Daniel Burnham said:

Completely loose. Not setting up for the flip.

Could u elaborate further? :)

Kopavski

not enough height maybe?

Blairbob

 Try to stretch up more.

Bare in mind, standing fulls are the complete opposite of fulls out of a tumbling pass or on trampoline. While it can be seen, that for mutiple fulls, gymnasts twist off the ground...they still stretch.

 

 I might almost focus on standing 1/2's+1/4 turn, standing 3/4's+1/4 turn, standing full. With the focus of being able to land them. That full you are doing could never be landed.

Kai.L

Alright :) i'll focus on arabian half turns for the next 1-2 weeks (probably gonna try and stick 30 reps of arabians the next sesh), and upload another back full vid then