This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL2/SPL3/HBP3/RC1

Started by Vikas Agartha, October 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 123 Views

Vikas Agartha

4 form checks, all from one day on my 3 day cycle. Please please be as critical as possible.

 

Some thoughts:

* My left arm reverse xiopeng is weak

* Lean more on PPP?

* Smoother rock?

 

Note: I made 2 videos of PPP for HBP3. One is faster reps, more comfortable, while the other is what I felt was better form. Not sure how much I should lean, any input here would be great.

 

Link:

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A7JtdOXmGiMeM8

 

Thanks in advance for the help folks. I truly do appreciate. Cheers!

BeanLion

From my eyes, for the plank I don't think you are protracting enough and what protraction you start off with you lose as the set goes on.

 

On the rope climb you need to try and keep your legs stable and just rotate at the hips. More of a sit up movement. In the video you're pulling your whole body up and then rotating. I think your position may be off. Try sitting with your shoulders under the rings

KibboKift

You definitely need more protraction for the plank. You also need more protraction in your PPP. PPP's can be tough when you haven't got as far as planche leans in your planche progressions, since the top position of PPP IS a planche lean. You may find you struggle until your planche work catches up. Rather than increase the lean, I would reduce it instead. This should make it easier to perfect your form before putting too much load on the shoulders. Your body is nice and straight, but you need to descend further.

 

I agree with BeanLion about the RC.

 

For the FL, you need to maintain a more constant body shape, rather than creating momentum with your legs.

 

Don't be disheartened though. You clearly have a decent amount of strength - its just a question of addressing your weak points.

Vikas Agartha

Thanks for the prompt feedback, ill incorporate into the next session and post new videos.

 

 *I will definitely add more protraction on both PPP and planks. I know I can do more protraction at the top of the PPP, but I have a hard time maintaining it as I lower. Just more practice I presume?

* RC: So, my understanding is that this should be more of a core exercise than I am making it. I will get farther under the rings and use the hinge more and my arms less.

* Less momentum in the FL. Any cues that help this? I try and skim my feet off the ground on every rep, is that too far?

 

In terms of volume, do you think I should regress in any of the progressions or stay where I am? Im doing 6 PPP, and 60s planks, 11 RC, 45 rocks. Thanks again for the advice!

BeanLion

I'll comment on the RC as I'm on the same progression as you. I guess you could consider it more of a core exercise, maybe thinking like that will help keep your lower body rigid. However when I do this it's not my core that fails first, grip (forearm) and lats for me tend to go first. Obviously though everyone will have their own weaknesses.

 

As for volume on this I would definitely lower it. It's up to you where though. I would probably scale back to the 4x6 template and try to perfect the form there.