This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A couple of questions

Started by Alexander Egebak, October 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 191 Views

Alexander Egebak

I have been on F1 for one month now and I have some questions.

 

In HBH iM 2 my shoulders will occasionally pop. How should I go about with this?

 

I feel some soreness after MN iM 2 in the upper vertebrae of the shoulders (around that area). Could it be bad form? I also feel it after FL PE 1 while having arms straightened forward.

 

What would be the a good starting weight for jefferson curls?

 

I am currently doing RC PE 6 because I have no rings available. I am on week 7 (5x36s) which is killing me during workout and is very hard, but it also my biceps pretty sore when I stretch my arms outwards with palms facing the ceiling. Is this a bad thing?

 

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy Huston
All these issues could probably be linked to tight/weak/imbalanced shoulders.

 

HBP/PE2>iM -- Try using less weight.

 

MN/PE2>iM -- You'll have to be more specific about the soreness.  It could just be the normal soreness that comes from doing a new movement and getting stronger.  Or it could be a major issue like slipped disks.  Post a video to help diagnose your form.

 

I don't know the correct starting weight for JC.  I used 20 kg but have since learned others are starting with much less.  Since you're concerned about the soreness, you're probably doing too much weight.

 

RC -- I used the same excuse and pull-up experience to skip the first 5 RC/PE's.  Not much surprise that PE6 was an epic failure for me.  When I bought rings and went back to PE1, I couldn't even complete it with mastery.  Don't let lack of rings keep you from doing the progressions.  There are lots of substitutions you can use (a couple straps, belts, TRX, etc.)...or make homemade rings out of PVC and rope.  Worst case, you can do the same basic motion as PE1 off a bar.  Skipping the first 5 PE's skips all the horizontal pulling, which will leave your shoulders unprepared.

Alexander Egebak
tex0413 said:

 

All these issues could probably be linked to tight/weak/imbalanced shoulders.

 

HBP/PE2>iM -- Try using less weight.

 

MN/PE2>iM -- You'll have to be more specific about the soreness.  It could just be the normal soreness that comes from doing a new movement and getting stronger.  Or it could be a major issue like slipped disks.  Post a video to help diagnose your form.

 

I don't know the correct starting weight for JC.  I used 20 kg but have since learned others are starting with much less.  Since you're concerned about the soreness, you're probably doing too much weight.

 

RC -- I used the same excuse and pull-up experience to skip the first 5 RC/PE's.  Not much surprise that PE6 was an epic failure for me.  When I bought rings and went back to PE1, I couldn't even complete it with mastery.  Don't let lack of rings keep you from doing the progressions.  There are lots of substitutions you can use (a couple straps, belts, TRX, etc.)...or make homemade rings out of PVC and rope.  Worst case, you can do the same basic motion as PE1 off a bar.  Skipping the first 5 PE's skips all the horizontal pulling, which will leave your shoulders unprepared.

 

thank you for your reply.

 

I am currently using 5kg for jefferson curls.

 

And 1,5kg for the HBH iM. The smallest I have is 1kg.

 

I cannot present a video currently which sucks. I might have been protracting the shoulders during the curl up and curl down, especially in the last phase (where I feel the soreness). I will give it a try on focus only on depression today.

 

I have straps etc. but I simply need to put them on something. I think I have been very creative but I cannot find or think of anywhere to throw over the straps.

Jeremy Huston

What are you using for RC/PE6?  Why can't the straps be thrown over that?  If it's too high, you can raise your feet up on a chair to compensate.

Alexander Egebak
tex0413 said:

What are you using for RC/PE6?  Why can't the straps be thrown over that?  If it's too high, you can raise your feet up on a chair to compensate.

It is a football goal.