This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hollow/Arch Body Hold/Rock Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, October 9, 2014 · 5 Replies · 207 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys , I did today some legs and core training:

A1: shrimp squat-beginner variation

A2: Pistol sqaut hold 

 

B1: HBH and HBR with 5kg ankle weights(2.5 each) 1st set: 30 sec and 30 reps. 2nd: 20s&20r. 3rd: 10s&10r.

B2: ABH and ABR with 5 kg ankle weights. (The same as B1)

 

I'm almost sure my HBH and HBR have good technique. I have to keep my legs together when I rock next time..

However, I don't really know if my ARH and ABR are good. 

 

Any advice is highly appreciated! :)

 

Btw, I might delete these videos soon cause they are a bit awkward . Haha..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8X56FoTVvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zevOdWp2kIM

Edoardo Cagnola

I'd say that everything, but HBR rock looks fine, but could be better.

In HBR your lower back should always be in contact with the ground, but in the video it seems like you are lifting your torso too much in order to create momentum. I suggest you get rid of the ankle weights for a while and work on slowly bettering the technique. 

Also in regard to ABH and ABR, you should try to arch a little bit more, so, again, get the exercise down really well before adding the weights (you will actually get stronger by achieving new ROM on this than just adding the ankle weights).

Keep working on this, they'll come! :)

HB_Ron
EdStand said:

I'd say that everything, but HBR rock looks fine, but could be better.

In HBR your lower back should always be in contact with the ground, but in the video it seems like you are lifting your torso too much in order to create momentum. I suggest you get rid of the ankle weights for a while and work on slowly bettering the technique. 

Also in regard to ABH and ABR, you should try to arch a little bit more, so, again, get the exercise down really well before adding the weights (you will actually get stronger by achieving new ROM on this than just adding the ankle weights).

Keep working on this, they'll come! :)

You're right. I tried to create momentum in HBR in the last set..

I train these exercises once a week with the ankle weights in order to make the most use out of them(and twice a week without the weights)

Thanks for the reply. I will fix my form and update again soon ! :)

 

Edit: I think my HBR in the first set looks good. What'd you think? I know I can make it better ;)

Edoardo Cagnola

It starts pretty good but when you get close to the end of the set form breaks down a little bit. It's normal, the time and practise will fix this :)

Keep up the hard work!

Ps: if I were you I would just train those exercises twice a week, maybe working towards more volume, but eliminating the "weighted session" (at least at the moment, I really think it's not necessary).

HB_Ron
EdStand said:

It starts pretty good but when you get close to the end of the set form breaks down a little bit. It's normal, the time and practise will fix this :)

Keep up the hard work!

Ps: if I were you I would just train those exercises twice a week, maybe working towards more volume, but eliminating the "weighted session" (at least at the moment, I really think it's not necessary).

All right, I will avoid it for now to fix form and to get more volume.

Thanks buddy :)

Alessandro Mainente

Some refinement points for your exercises:

-hollow body hold and rocks, the upper arms must rest on full flexion. on the hold lower the feet down

-for the arch body rock, move your arms closer. also the movement must be fixed, it can be split into 2 parts

1-when you roll on the chest you need to pull the heels higher

2-when you roll on the legs and here the feet are about a couple of inches off from the floor, your upper body must be completely of the floor

 

A correct coordination of heels drive and upper body swing will maximize your technique.

Aside the impressive strength on the lower back, the arch body rocks is wonderful to build up the movement of some tumbling skills but you need to learn how to coordinate your body.