This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2

Started by Alex Tansel, October 8, 2014 · 6 Replies · 230 Views

Alex Tansel

On the cossack squats is the heel of the squatting leg meant to come off the floor as in the video.

I've always thought this was bad form and indicated poor ankle mobility but it is in the demonstration and quite noticeable.

Jeremy Huston

Per the video, the heel coming up is acceptable.  PE3 has the heel down, so you need to get to that level of ankle flexibility eventually.

Alex Tansel
tex0413 said:

Per the video, the heel coming up is acceptable.  PE3 has the heel down, so you need to get to that level of ankle flexibility eventually.

Thank you, so it's okay that I leave my heel down?

Also on the twisting squats, it looks like your meant to turn on the ball of the foot, is that correct? 

Jeremy Huston

Don't overthink it.  Turn however you're comfortable turning.  Despite the name, the twist isn't the important part of twisting squats.

Nash

> Thank you, so it's okay that I leave my heel down?

 

Yes, it's preferable to leave it down. I think the athlete in the vid has flexibility issues. I think I read coach mentioning that somewhere over here a while back , but please verify by searching the forum.

-MR

I'll confirm what Nash said. When previously asked about this, Coach mentioned that Alan has tight (but very powerful) calves which limit his mobility. He suggested we aim to keep the heels on the ground. 

Damon Amato

I thought I was going to motor through this until I did a set of twisting squats.