This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 Mastery check

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, October 6, 2014 · 7 Replies · 206 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

Today was my first day working on this exercise, so i just tried to go for mastery in order to see where my level was. Surprisely I had achieved mastery! I compared the video to the course's one and to me it seems ok, but I would love to have your opinions before moving on! :)

Rayne-William

"No videos were found." Are you certain you included the correct web link?

 

www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Edoardo Cagnola

Oops. I'm not that good with this Youtube thing (yet). Sorry for that, now it should be available

KibboKift

Looks good to me! Not that that means a great deal, but at least there is nothing glaringly obvious which is amiss.

Rayne-William

Your torso and hips hinge slightly. It is like you lower your hips down first and then your upper torso.

 

Try for mastery another time and keep your abs tight.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks guys! I'll re-test this the next session and maybe post another video to see if I could correct myself. Otherwise I guess I'll just spend a microcycle working on this one :)

Edoardo Cagnola

So today I retested mastery for this element. I think it looks better than the first time, I've really focused on squeezing my glutes and abs really hard to remain straight, and I feel this is as straight as I can get :)

(The tempo is a little bit off, I was going too fast. This was my first set, after watching the video of myself I slowed down for the remaining sets)

Iguanus

I had the same problem as you. Adriano suggested hollow body as a form of keeping everything aligned. It Works Wonders and you're aiming at something like that for final shapes =). So, if you hollow it, HBH and HBR muscle memory should kick in and make it easier to still your torso and hips (which still hinge a bit).

If you're aiming for instant feedback, it's hard to beat a broom and tape or therabands stripping it to you torso or backs. If on your backs, it shouldn't lift off. If on your stomach, you shouldn't back away from it.