what is it called?

Started by Sam Andersen, October 4, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,157 Views

Sam Andersen

In a few of the videos the athletes have something under their feet to help slide their feet along. For example in the shoulder bridge leg curl video he has something under his feet to reduce friction. What is that ITN l item called? I am trying to search for it but I have been unsuccessful.

Coach Sommer

Furniture sliders.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sam Andersen

Thanks. Easy enough.

Ravn
danandersen3 said:

In a few of the videos the athletes have something under their feet to help slide their feet along. For example in the shoulder bridge leg curl video he has something under his feet to reduce friction. What is that ITN l item called? I am trying to search for it but I have been unsuccessful.

I use my son's skateboard, works extremely well!  :D

gohei_
Ravn said:

I use my son's skateboard, works extremely well!  :D

"Not right now boy, I'm working out. You can skate another time."  :P

 

I have also found that a pair of socks underneath the feet work pretty good on some surfaces.

Ravn

I've found that the super smooth rolling of the skateboard allows me to do the reps slowly, thereby completely eliminating momentum, something that was unavoidable in the past on my wooden floors, using a piece of cloth. I can now go slowly through the difficult part of the rep. I believe that jerking through the movement due to the friction being too much caused me to claim mastery immaturely, thus progressing too quickly to the subsequent iM's, which subsequently caused me a bit of hamstring tendonitis. So grab your skateboards, people, it makes a big difference.