This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 Initial Assessment; That was humbling....

Started by Mark Carter, October 3, 2014 · 7 Replies · 431 Views

Mark Carter

Hello All,

New here. I'm a 46 year old male, and by all non-gymnastics measures, I'm in good shape. Primarily power lifting for the past few years with some crossfit and crossfit-esque workouts. I'm strong (1205# total), but decided to move to this programming after hearing a few podcasts of Coach Sommer. He really made sense. Especially now that I'm getting older, the strength/connective tissue/balance/flexibility is more important than just picking up really heavy stuff.

So I did the PE Initial Assessment thinking that I would at least be less than beginner on most elements. WRONG! Well, I did reasonably well on the hollow back press. But everything else? Start from Day 1! Just after the assessment I can tell this will be a challenge.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Regards,

Mark

LateStarter@46

Good luck Mark! :-)

Salivanth

I feel much better about my own progress now. Welcome to the club!

tankdc

Same here (humbled x 2), after I finished the initial assessment there was a page that had the recommended progressions to follow. I can't seem to find that page again, any help would be appreciated.

Murray Truelove

Welcome and good luck.

KibboKift

Tankdc are you talking about the standard course progressions (PE1, PE2,...), which are accessed via the 'courses' menu (top of the page), or something different? Generally you would just follow the progressions as laid out there. In special cases, particularly if you're struggling even to get to the starting line with a particular progression, you may find that scaled down versions of certain exercises have been suggested in earlier threads. The 'search' function should help you here.

 

Best of luck to both of you.

tankdc

Found it, it's under "This Weeks Workout" at the top of the page. I was looking in the side bar.

Bryon Koskela

Same here just did the assessment last night and was definitely humbled. I am looking forward to the foundations program though, I think it will be a good next step in getting my fitness back. Planning on starting week one tomorrow.