This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE-6 question

Started by Mark Schoenhard, October 3, 2014 · 7 Replies · 156 Views

Mark Schoenhard

I am not quite able to get the compression when raising knees before extending legs.  I feel the stall bar behind my head is limiting me from raising my knees far enough.  Should I just remove the rung in question? Thank you.

RJS

How long have you been working at this?

It took me about 8 sessions to get my first one. And i have to warm up for about ten minutes before getting the flexibility.

Ravn
Mark Schoenhard said:

 I feel the stall bar behind my head is limiting me from raising my knees far enough.  Should I just remove the rung in question? Thank you.

At first I got this feeling too, that it would be impossible and that the neck was being crushed. Don't worry it will pass, as you get more flexible.

Jeremy Huston
Ravn said:

the neck was being crushed

Oh I can't wait to get to this one.....

Mark Schoenhard

Last week was the last deload for 1/2 straight leg lifts.  I had been practicing PE-6 occasionally leading up to week one this week.  So this week is 3x1r.  I'm just wondering if I remove the rung behind my head it would make it a little easier to get my knees up to get into to position.  I can't quite get my feet up to the bar.  I also do a lot of warm-up for this movement.  Keep working hard.

Mark Schoenhard

Thanks for the inspiration Ravn!

Ravn

It took me probably three months to just get a single good rep of MN6. I've been on it 6-7 months and it still kicks my ass every_single_time. Getting better, but very slowly... currently  at 5-4-4-4-3, so still a long way to go before mastery.

RJS

when i was doing street workout i did the single bar version, thought i was good cause i could do sets of 10. Then the Foundation version showed be who the real boss was, not me!