Help & Feedback on Training Program

Started by lloydwarden, June 28, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,408 Views

lloydwarden

Hi All,

I just looking for some feedback on my training plan i put together after reading Coach Summer's book.

I am training Mon/Tue Thu/Fri,

Mon and Thu are pushing days:

I do 6 x 10s sets of Planche Advanced frog stand for a total of 60 seconds.

3 x 5 XR Pseudo Planche Pushup

3 x 5 XR Bulgarian Dips or Handstand push-up on wall.

I do the 10 sec planche rep then the pushup or dip set, then 60sec rest.

L-sit PB 6 x 10s

3 x 5 HLL Half

3 x 5 V-Ups

Tue/Fri pulling Days

6 x 10s Backlever flat tuck

3 x 5 XR Bulgarian Pull-ups

3 x 5 Front lever rows - tuck or chin ups inverted.

Legs

6 x 10s front lever flat tuck

3 x 5 Deck squats distance and height

3 x 5 Single leg squat

Done as on mon/thu, static hold then pull/leg variation.

Any feedback would be great, positive or negative.

I am following Coach Summer's steady state cycle, so I was going to do this for 8-10 weeks then move onto harder progressions.

Just wondering in this is enough or should I add more pushing/pulling variations?

My goal is to increase overall strength asap.

Thanks

Walt Peacock

It looks like you're having the same trouble I'm having. No one will give you feedback on your routine. I think it looks pretty good. Just make sure you get plenty of rest.

Walt

lloydwarden

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the reply, I'm just gonna go with the plan and tweek it if I need to, I've already added some fly's into the pushing days.

Great website by the way, keep it up.

Chris

Mike B
lloydwarden said:

I am training Mon/Tue Thu/Fri,

Mon and Thu are pushing days:

I do 6 x 10s sets of Planche Advanced frog stand for a total of 60 seconds.

3 x 5 XR Pseudo Planche Pushup

3 x 5 XR Bulgarian Dips or Handstand push-up on wall.

I do the 10 sec planche rep then the pushup or dip set, then 60sec rest.

L-sit PB 6 x 10s

3 x 5 HLL Half

3 x 5 V-Ups

Tue/Fri pulling Days

6 x 10s Backlever flat tuck

3 x 5 XR Bulgarian Pull-ups

3 x 5 Front lever rows - tuck or chin ups inverted.

Legs

6 x 10s front lever flat tuck

3 x 5 Deck squats distance and height

3 x 5 Single leg squat

Done as on mon/thu, static hold then pull/leg variation.

it feels like to me that your putting too much work into each day. if what your looking for is increased strength your just gonna overload your muscles by doing 2 variations of a push and a pull each day respectively. a good thing to do is pair up 2 exercises that are opposites of each other so theres time for adequate rest between sets. i know ive heard somewhere a muscle relaxes better when its opposing group is working, take that for what you want. and you dont seem to be getting proper lower back and hamstrings work either.

what i do is pair handstand with pullup, pushup with row, and dip with curl and do 3 days per week 3x5 with complementary static work before each set. rotate thru a different static and lifting core variations, and for legs, a lower body pull one day (deadlift, cleans, snatch, kb work, etc), dynamic leg work another, and 1 leg squats last, with front levers embedded. started a 4 day routine, but had to condense it down to 3 cause my body told me to :lol:

another note, if you dont do a lower body pull, you gotta make sure to include work for your hamstrings and lower back. its an essential part of whats missing from your routine.

lloydwarden

Thanks for the input Mike I've changed my routine to include what you mentioned.

Chris