Flat feet, frozen ankle

Started by jack wealthy, October 2, 2014 · 0 Replies · 1,317 Views

jack wealthy

Hey there everyone, first time poster. Second post.

 

I have an issue with my feet, they're flexible flat footed and after two years of work they have slight arches. The problem is the have almost no active dorsiflexion at the ankle. Resting the foot is always in plantar flexion, with about a 100 degree angle at the front. This hasn't really gotten any better. Further, unless I completely sacrifice my arch I can't go any further than about 80 degrees into a stretch at the ankle in that direction. Even that is forced passive, active I am lucky to get past 90 at all.

 

This creates massive problems with my squatting, my hip adduction is great but I need a wider stance than I would like. With feet together or on one leg I either fall over or stop at 45 degrees to the ground.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already walk barefoot whenever possible in hope of countering this and my twisted toes.

 

Regards

JK