Squeezing glutes

Started by Jackson44, October 1, 2014 · 3 Replies · 2,361 Views

Jackson44

Hello all: when doing my HS, i seem to find the balance, but when I end up squeezing my glutes I fall back down. It seems that I do better when I don't squeeze my glutes. However, I know it is extremely important to be rigid overall. Could if be possible that I'm squeezing too hard or too tate?

 

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprecited!

 

Thanks

Jack

chuchodani

A video of the situation could help to determinate what the problem could be.

Daniel Burnham
Jackson44 said:

Hello all: when doing my HS, i seem to find the balance, but when I end up squeezing my glutes I fall back down. It seems that I do better when I don't squeeze my glutes. However, I know it is extremely important to be rigid overall. Could if be possible that I'm squeezing too hard or too tate

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprecited!

Thanks

Jack

Probably you are arched in the handstand and when you squeeze instead of straightening you increase arch and fall? In this case you need to work on opening the shoulders and loosing the arch.
Jackson44
Daniel Burnham said:

Probably you are arched in the handstand and when you squeeze instead of straightening you like down and fall backward? In this case you need to work on opening the shoulders and loosing the arch.

Thanks! And yes, I fall backwards. How do I open the shoulder? 

 

Is it possible that I am squeezing too hard? 

 

Thanks