XR support : is this variation incorrect ?

Started by Krel, October 1, 2014 · 3 Replies · 2,077 Views

Krel

Hello :)

 

XR support should be done with fully depressed and neutral (slightly retracted) scapula.

Nevertheless, is it bad to do it (as an additional workout, no substitution) with fully depressed and protracted scapula like here (just imagine that it is done on rings) ? :

 

february-videos-021.jpg?w=300&h=225

 

This is the exercise that I'm doing on my gb.com profile picture. When I do this variation, my trapezius are much bigger than in a regular XR support & I have better trapezius & pec feeling.

 

Can I do both variations ? Is the not-regular one bad for your joints and muscles ?

 

Thanking you in anticipation :)

Jurre

It isn't bad. Sure experiment with it.

But if you solely do it for depression and protraction of the scapula. Why not do planche leans instead?

Coach Sommer

It is incorrect.  

 

Imagine that you are descending into an iron cross.   Sit up tall, shoulders slightly protracted (think 'widened').

 

The proper ring support position is covered in detail in Rings One.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jurre

As a true 'support' it is incorrect. But as a exercise on it self it isn't.

Dont use it in competition.