Straddle Planche

Started by Nic Scheelings, June 26, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,468 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hi all,

I kno i've been putting a lot of vids on lot lately but it's just cuz im on holidays and so have heaps of time. Hope I'm not hogging this part of the forum :oops:

Anyway here are my latest attempts at a straddle planche. I'm not too sure if the technique is good enough to count as a true straddle planche so I thought I would ask u guys to see what u think.

Thanks

Ywy2ezlB2eY

braindx

You're close except then you bend your arms.

Don't bend your arms... makes it MUCH easier.

Nic Scheelings

Yeah ur right braindx. I tried to straighten the arms again after bending them but it was difficult. Hopefully it's not too much further away. Have you got a straddle planche yet?

Blairbob

Hips are slightly piked which means you should be straddling wider and of course, locking out the arms. What you are doing now is beyond what you should be doing. Still it's not as bad as the young guys in the adult class now. Elbow planche is impressive but goes nowhere like bent arm cross.

Nic Scheelings

Doh! I thought i was close!! Oh well I will continue straight arm advance tuck planche for a while longer and then try and revisit the straddle. Straddling wider is difficult for me so I think working my straddle L may be neccessary.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua Naterman

One of the guys on here talked about straddle planche jumps, and they are helping me with mine. I'm not as far as you, but I can extend into a bent arm straddle from my straight arm flat tuck for a second! I'm excited :) I figure a couple months and I'll be in straddle planche. You're close man, just keep training your straight arm strength with the flat tuck, maybe even put a few lbs of extra weight on your waist if you are over 15 seconds on that flat tuck hold! You are looking strong, keep it up!