This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Brake time between WP/FKP/WR/FP/ series?

Started by michal, September 30, 2014 · 7 Replies · 257 Views

michal

Dear Colleagues,

I was searching.. couldn't find. Target for mastery in each of excercises WP/FKP/WR/WR/FP is 5r in 5 sets. How much time should I spend before going to next set? (in HS or Foundetion excercises I have IM excercises.. so it defines time between series.. here I do not have it - how it should looks like?)

 

Shall I do it: WP, series 1 - 5, then FKP series 1 - 5 etc? or one by one in series: 1st 5r of WP/ 5r of FKP / 5r of WR etc.. ?

 

I would highly appreciate your feedback.

 

Michael

P5yx

rest as you need. Same belongs to HS work.

Jeremy Huston
michal said:

 

Shall I do it: WP, series 1 - 5, then FKP series 1 - 5 etc? or one by one in series: 1st 5r of WP/ 5r of FKP / 5r of WR etc.. ?

 

Whichever way you prefer.  I do the latter but many do the former.

TANSTAAFL

A lot of us do a superset of 1 each, back to back, then a WU PE/iM. Rinse and repeat until all sets are done. Works great and gets you ready for the actual iM you have coming up.

 

p.s. the WU PE/iM should be super easy. I usually just do the PE1/iM in between the first 3 sets of the wrist routine as I'm only on PE2. Occasionally hopping up into a tripod for a few.

Jeremy Huston

I like that idea of doing a WU PE/iM between supersets.  I hate wasting my time just shaking out my wrists.

TANSTAAFL
tex0413 said:

I like that idea of doing a WU PE/iM between supersets.  I hate wasting my time just shaking out my wrists.

I believe I got the idea originally from Master Douglas himself. I think he goes by 'Jon' to the other demigods.

michal

Thank you all for valuable feedback. I will work on this with supersets. I like the idea. 

In general - just to be sure - English is not my native language -> what does WU mean? --> workout unit? or.. sth else??

Jeremy Huston

WU = Warm Up

 

So you would do:

1 Set WP

1 Set FKP

1 Set WR

1 Set FTP

1 Set PE1>iM (or some other warmup for your current HS/PE level)

Repeat from the beginning