This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Does it still count as mastery if you pretty much collapse at the end

Started by Alex Tansel, September 30, 2014 · 5 Replies · 425 Views

Alex Tansel

I just managed SLS/PE1. But it left me in pieces, my kegs are like jelly.

Should I carry on to PE2 or would I be better served repeating PE1 until it didn't complete kill me.

As in would it be beneficial to stay with the easier movement until it actually feels somewhat easy?

LateStarter@46

If you managed it with perfect form, move on and keep doing PE1 in your warm up. Otherwise, wait until you have perfect form.

Alex Tansel

Well the actual elements were okay to perform it was purely the volume that hit me so hard. But I did the meet the standards for mastery it was just very hard on me

Jure Rakuljic
Alex Tansel said:

Well the actual elements were okay to perform it was purely the volume that hit me so hard. But I did the meet the standards for mastery it was just very hard on me

If you look at the other elements (which are all done before sls) the rest time shud be max 5minutes before moving on too the next element. So lets say you had another element after sls would it be enough for you too rest 5min and then move on too the next? 

Alex Tansel
Jure Rakuljic said:

If you look at the other elements (which are all done before sls) the rest time shud be max 5minutes before moving on too the next element. So lets say you had another element after sls would it be enough for you too rest 5min and then move on too the next? 

Well I did carry on with my workout after. And I probably did take near 5 minutes rest. I switched up the order and did the squats first as I knew I was attempting mastery. I assume this is okay as I've seen a  lot of guys on the forum mention doing this so they could attack their most difficult elements fresh?

Keilani Gutierrez

difficult progression, yes. favoring for mastery, no.