How does it look? I still have to work A LOT on the ROM, but from when i started working on this I made huge improvements
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Edoardo Cagnola, September 30, 2014 · 9 Replies · 265 Views
How does it look? I still have to work A LOT on the ROM, but from when i started working on this I made huge improvements
Good job. Remember to keep your knees locked and your toes pointed.
Keep up the hard work!
Pretty good! You still need a little bit more of ROM and therefore compression but both the tempo and the quality is there! And remember don't add reps until you've good good form!
Keep going
Thanks for the inputs guys!
Comparing myself to the course's video I've noticed that when I sit up I kinda sit in my upper butt/lower lumbar area, whereas the athlete in the video is sitting right on his butt. Is this due to my current lack of compression?
Hei, how is it going for you after 4 months?
I'm just 1 month into the straddle ups and I have the same issue as you mentioned. When I try to get more upright my legs fall a bit since the hips flexors have to do more work. I guess the lack of compression is mainly due to that at the moment. I do have the passive flexibility for a pancake, but my hip flexors are still weak to lift my legs where they should be....
After 4 months I'm still working on those bad boys.. I've made improvements though, both in my passive flexibility (I'm close to a pancake on my elbow) and in my hip flexor a strength (thanks to straddle leg lifts). I hope that I'll match mastery ROM soon, so that I can start building volume, right now I'm just repeating the first microcycle over and over again. Consistency seems to be the key, although sometimes the really slow progress is demotivating me a little bit.. But hey, little progress is better than no progress I guess! ![]()
I may post another video of my form in the next few days
Looking forward to see your progress ![]()
As you say, progressing little by little adds up in the end!
I am working on these too still trying to get my legs higher. But I am repeating 2nd minicycle instead.
Here is my third and final set of today's workout (it was a 3x3). I feel like ROM is a little better, but I still have a lot of work to do to meet mastery!
You are getting there! I just review the course video; I forgot how close legs and torso are to each other.