This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rings One bent arm progression explained

Started by Marcus Herou, September 30, 2014 · 9 Replies · 435 Views

Marcus Herou

Hi. First of all, thanks for the incredible series, I had massive success with the handstand progressions and now I am moving on to the rings.

 

Just started the Rings One yesterday (mostly for fun since I got 8-10 strict mu already) and got a bit puzzled. I only got 25s in the FG bent arm hang but as stated I already have strict mu for reps. Is this expected? It seems that progression nr 1 is by far the hardest to achieve mastery of in rings one.

 

I trust the progressions which means I must have been doing something wrong.

 

Thanks in advance

 

 

William

Same as with Rc in F1, you do much volume of isometric and after that follows the real movement. Worked! Its building your tendons, of course some can already do muscle ups, but does this mean the tendons and so on are ready too? No, most not, muscles are improving faster of course,but after mastering stuff like this you are bulletproof. Hope that helps :-)

Marcus Herou
William said:

Same as with Rc in F1, you do much volume of isometric and after that follows the real movement. Worked! Its building your tendons, of course some can already do muscle ups, but does this mean the tendons and so on are ready too? No, most not, muscles are improving faster of course,but after mastering stuff like this you are bulletproof. Hope that helps :-)

Mmm well I did this after 5x5 of weighted pronated pull-ups of 25kg so 25s was not entirely fair. However I am certain that I cannot do 5x60s. I can do a 30kg rope climb for 4,5meter which is why I wonder a bit :)

Alessandro Mainente

Where is your problem? the forearms or the biceps? Did you mastered F4 for rope climbing?

Marcus Herou
alex87 said:

Where is your problem? the forearms or the biceps? Did you mastered F4 for rope climbing?

F4? Probably the part that holds the rings to the chest. You know the last inch which makes the difference between chin over ring vs chest to ring. The thing that makes the whole difference in the transition for females I have learned. Whether that is the biceps or lats I am not sure.

Marcus Herou
alex87 said:

Where is your problem? the forearms or the biceps? Did you mastered F4 for rope climbing?

Ah ok you meant entire Foundation 4. No I have not mastered it even though I can do some Czechs and climb legless for 6-7m. I think it is the Rhombs actually. I will go back to the rope progression especially the Czechs, I think the answer lies there.

P5yx

Did you already master  F2?

Marcus Herou
P5yx said:

Did you already mastered all of F2?

Tried some of the F2/F3 stuff yesterday. L Chinup check, L Pull-up not quite (some mobility issue I think), Bulgarian Pull-up check.

 

In session 2 I got 38s then 39s of FG Hold. Not impressive. I guess it is the biceps that lack some endurance, I do weigh 90kg.

 

Did some of the Czechs as finisher and that went decently ok.

 

It looks like I need to work more with 

 

1) L-versions

 

2) close to chest versions

 

I am not "weak" in the pull-up but I am not a pro yet, working on it.

 

http://instagram.com/p/smbjAIkxPx

P5yx

Why do you even think about starting R1 if you haven't even finished F2?

Alessandro Mainente

It's not a case that Coach suggest A LOT  F4 for RC.