Pain in joints

Started by Gudmund, September 29, 2014 · 8 Replies · 2,916 Views

Gudmund

I've been training for strenght for 10 years, not very seriously mostly for fun, mostly olympic lifting and explosive power. And the last weeks I've been playing around with gymnastics, I've always wanted it but always thought I've been to weak. It feels great, it hits the body hard, so right know I just test differnt things to try to find my weaknesses .And it is mobillity and joint strenght, and ofcourse muscular strenght as well but I already feel strong enought to destroy my joints if I would train gymnastice to hard. I've done different static hold positions, presses, handstand, weighted pullups(lock in top) differnet types of planche. Training false grip ( will take some time) Mobillity been stetching on rings, this is something that I will be more carefull about. I know I've been making progress to fast, but that was kind of the meaning, find my weak spots. And they are everywere, except my feets, been doing some intense plyometrics for some years. My question is, as a gymnast, how should I respond to joints feeling sorrow, not really pain, more I feel I shouldn't go out so hard on exercises, take it easy. As a gymnast, is this ok? My plan right now is to focus on joint strenght, and how hard is it wise to hit them? I understand that I should not feel "pain" but this sorrowness. I don't have much experience on how to train joints for strenght. English is not my first language so I hope what I write is understandable.

chuchodani

I would suggest that you look at the internet for a couple of podcast with the Coach Sommer, in that podcast he explains in detail how important is programming around your connective tissue instead of programming just thinking in the muscles because muscle recovers faster than the other things and that could give you some troubles if you don't pay attention to the signals that your body gives you.

Alessandro Mainente

Sore or painful joints means more stress and damage then recovery. the actual programming you are using is too advanced for you.

Gudmund
chuchodani said:

I would suggest that you look at the internet for a couple of podcast with the Coach Sommer, in that podcast he explains in detail how important is programming around your connective tissue instead of programming just thinking in the muscles because muscle recovers faster than the other things and that could give you some troubles if you don't pay attention to the signals that your body gives you.

Yes programming around connective tisue is what I need :)

Gudmund
alex87 said:

Sore or painful joints means more stress and damage then recovery. the actual programming you are using is too advanced for you.

Sp when my joints feel sore I should rest them till they feel sorefree before training them again? And yes my programming is too advanced, havn't done anything extrem thou. Just testing my limits, and now back to basics =) My question was more from the perspective how I should react to sore joints/connective tissue. I have no problem to relate to sore muscles and know how to handle it from training perspective, but sore joints is new to me.

Coach Sommer
Gudmund said:

... Yes programming around connective tisue is what I need ...

 

This programming is already built into the GB Foundation Courses for you.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

chuchodani
Gudmund said:

Sp when my joints feel sore I should rest them till they feel sorefree before training them again? And yes my programming is too advanced, havn't done anything extrem thou. Just testing my limits, and now back to basics =) My question was more from the perspective how I should react to sore joints/connective tissue. I have no problem to relate to sore muscles and know how to handle it from training perspective, but sore joints is new to me.

The best way to react is take step back to exercises that doesn't cause any kind of pain during the execution or after it. In my opinion you can only take a break if the thing is getting serious but for rest you have your deload week. And also you can continue training the unaffected areas.

Wes Tan

Listen to Coach on that one guys

 

connective tissues simply have a much slower rate of turnover, their inherent pace for change is much slower than muscle tissue. 

 

The GB foundation courses are very intelligently programmed to coincide with our own inherent inteligence which is our physiology. Change occurs over months, not weeks. Personally I have found over the last few years of following the courses is that I get 'breakthroughs' roughly every 3 or 4months - sudden very noticeable improvements in ability and feeling during the exercises and I am sure that this is due to a slow adaptation response that eventually reaches a critical point! Anyway, don't mess around with your joints and listen to them when they are telling you to back off. In later life it's always peoples joints failing not their muscles.

Gudmund
Coach Sommer said:

This programming is already built into the GB Foundation Courses for you.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yes, I think it would be the wisest. And thank you for the work you do.